Sportbike

Slingshot!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Albert Hayes January 20, 2018 at 7:10 pm.

• Author

Albert Hayes
    Participant

I have in my possession a ’93 Suzuki Slingshot. It’s a 250cc, inline 4, also know as a Bandit. Upon receiving it I began searching for info, manuals, and parts. I have not found any parts lists in Canada, or my neighbours in the U.S. I haven’t found anyone who has one or is even aware of them. There is all sorts of info on the 400’s, and I’ve found some parts are interchangeable.
    If anyone else is in the same situation, and is having issues with their bike let me know and I’ll share what I’ve learned. I don’t have all the answers but I’ve got this one running and it’s a wild ride, well worth salvaging…

Albert Hayes
    Participant

ThunderStrom…the Singshot I have (GJ74A) is a 4 stroke, inline four and goes like snot. The year this one was built, Suzuki was limited to a maximum of 40 HP for a bike in the 250cc class. Prior to this they were cranking 45 HP from the factory. The photo I’m attempting will show the bike mounted on a cradle I built so I could mount it on my lift and get it to a comfortable height to work on.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.